PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

compiling multiple files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: compiling multiple files Reply with quote

This seems like it would be so simple, but yet it doesn't seem to work and I cannot find instructions for this anywhere.

All I want to do is compile all files with a .FOR extension in a directory. Every time I try using:

pgfortran -c *.FOR

I get this result:
PGF90-F-0002-Unable to open source input file: *.FOR
PGF90/x86 Windows 12.10-0: compilation aborted

Is there some other way I should be batch compiling? I have over 1700 files that need to be compiled into a static library and really don't want to write a windows batch file with the name of each file listed.

Thanks for your help!
Justin
JustinC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out how to batch process using a batch file:

for /f %%f in ('dir /b c:\<folder path>\*.FOR') do pgfortran -c %%f

I guess I'm still surprised that simply using *.FOR in the pgfortran command wouldn't work.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"*" is a UNIX shell command, not part of the compiler.

- Mat
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I noticed that the command worked in Cygwin, but strange that all the other Fortran compilers that I have been testing handled the command in the Windows cmd prompt. Also, after I use the batch script to compile, I can use the Microsoft Library Manager to create a static library in the same cmd prompt using:

lib /out:<name_of_library>.lib *.obj

and it works just fine. Oh well, I have a path forward on that item, on to bigger and better problems... see my post on DATE_AND_TIME intrinsic link problems.

Justin C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: