PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

New pgfortran features since V 10.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDS7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: New pgfortran features since V 10.2 Reply with quote

Hello,

We're trying to decide whether to get the newest pgfortran compiler. Currently we're using an old version - 10.2. Can someone list the advantages of switching to version 12.9, or point me in the direction of a list of differences? For example, I know that we can't use the maxregcount option with v 10.2, but I assume there are many more differences I'm not aware of.

Thanks
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JDS7,

Since 10.2 we've added support for Fortran 2003, OpenACC, AVX instructions (Sandy-Bridge/Bulldozer), CUDA 4.2, CUDA-x86, many CUDA Fortran improvements, nested OpenMP parallelism, Eclipse integration for C/C++ on Linux, and new OS versions. Lots of small incremental improvements and bug fixes as well.

For full descriptions of the new features, please refer to the PGI Release Notes and our What's New page.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: