PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

fail in UME error 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THX 1138

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: fail in UME error 22 Reply with quote

I amd using valgrind as suggested in a previous thread to check my program for any memory leaks. When I compile it for Valgrind (simply adding the -g option) and run it using the memcheck tool, I get the folowing output.

Code:

james@james-Precision-WorkStation-T7500:~/Desktop/WEGtestOpt$ valgrind --tool=memcheck  ./grab_gcc_debug

valgrind: mmap(0x8062000, 858030080) failed in UME with error 22 (Invalid argument).

valgrind: this can be caused by executables with very large text, data or bss segments.

Now I have searched the internet and I believe that this is just an unfixed bug in Valgrind. I thought changing to binutils-gold would help. But I have the latest version of binutils gold.

Apparently, many large static matrix memory reserves are casing Valgrind to max out of memory. The memcheck tool usues a lot of memory and my program also usues a lot of memory.

I have only the 32-bit c/c++ workstation so I may be hitting 4 GB memory wall so maybe this cannot be fixed.

Yet, maybe there is a work around.

Has anyone seen this message before and what did they do to fix it?

Any help appreaciated, thanks in advance.

THX 1138
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: