PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Using input files in pgdbg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Using input files in pgdbg. Reply with quote

I want to use pgdbg to debug my program. But it gets its data from standard input that I redirect in from a file.

Example:

a.out < a.inp

How can I do this with pgdbg? Also is there any way to redirect a programs output to a log from pgdbg?

a.out >& a.log

???
mleair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I/O redirection is supported in PGDBG. In versions of PGDBG prior to 5.2, there was a bug in which you had to have one or more spaces in between the file redirector and the filename. This may have caused some users to believe that I/O redirection was not supported in PGDBG. This bug has been fixed for PGDBG Version 5.2, although you still need at least one space in between the run command the the redirector.

To redirect output (stdout):

Code:
run > a.inp

To redirect input:

Code:
run < a.inp

To redirect stderr:

Code:
run >& a.log

To redirect I/O in the Graphical User Interface (GUI), add the file redirection portion of the run statement above in the Run Arguments dialog box. To open the Run Arguments dialog box, click on the Run Arguments item under the GUI's Control menu. For example, to redirect output in the GUI, enter
Code:
>a.log
in the Run Arguments dialog box. to redirect input, enter
Code:
<a.inp
in the Run Arguments dialog box.

See the description of the run command, section 1.9.1.1 Process Control, in the latest version of the PGI Tools Guide (June 2004 printing) for more information.

Hope this helps,

-Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: