PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

How can I compile a 32bit project under 64bit Linux?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HuPo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: How can I compile a 32bit project under 64bit Linux? Reply with quote

My system: AMD64, FC4 64bit Linux, PGI WorkStation 6.0.6, I used pgf77 to compile my project under the 64bit Linux.I can got a 64 bit program very well. But now, I want to make a 32bit program, I added the "-tp k8-32" behind pgf77, and I got a exe file well. But I can't run it. it show the message "Permission denied", whether I added a error flag?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HuPo,

What are the permission settings on the exe your created? (i.e. "ls -l a.out" where a.out is the name of your exe). Does changing them to allow execution help? ("chmod 755 a.out")

If you do have execute permissions on the exe, make sure you also have execute permission in the directory and that any dynamic runtime libraries also have execute permission. To find which runtime libraries are being used, use the command "ldd a.out".

Hope this helps,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: