PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Trouble compiling with -mcmodel=medium and -liblapack.a

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crip_crop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Trouble compiling with -mcmodel=medium and -liblapack.a Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile with CUDA FORTRAN (-Mcuda) but I'm getting some problems. It doesn't seem to be able to compile with the -mcmodel=medium flag correctly... I get the following error:

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized'
pgfortran -g  -g -Mcuda -mcmodel=medium -pc=80 -o muse.exe aabacd.o aabbcd.o aaint.o acceler_formd.o scf.o aclear.o adcore.o adcore_dener.o alcoef.o amove.o anavib.o atmges.o babbbc.o babbcd.o betakl.o betakl_dener.o bint.o calvab.o charge.o chkupd.o cntmas.o coallc.o cochek.o codump.o cofree.o coinfo.o coinit.o copy.o cuda_scf.o dang.o dcart.o derpar.o detmnt.o dguess.o diag.o diagi.o dihed.o dipole.o disp.o dodiis.o dqmmm.o ecoul.o edatom.o egint.o eigprt.o elatom.o energy.o expont.o extprm.o fact.o fconst.o fermi_energy.o fgr.o fill_coeff.o fock1.o fock1_temp.o fock2.o fock2_dener.o formd.o formxy.o fragdump.o fragread.o frcout.o frzfrc.o getcr1.o getcrd.o getst1.o getvab.o hcore1.o hcore2.o hcore2_dener.o hform.o hqmmm.o hqrii.o huckel.o hybrid.o iclear.o ijkl.o inidbg.o intpwp.o iter.o lock.o lowprt.o ltzero.o ludcmp.o m00m00.o m00m10.o m00m20.o m10m10.o m10m20.o m11m11.o m11m21.o m20m20.o m21m21.o m22m22.o matmul.o matout.o matprt.o meci.o mecih.o mecip.o mixges.o mmrepp.o mofi.o moldat.o moprt.o mulpop.o mxm.o norcor.o norout.o nucmm.o nucrep.o nucrep_dener.o onec2e.o overlp.o parchk.o param_init.o partxy.o pepnuc.o perm.o profil.o rabprt.o radint.o rdens.o rdges.o reada.o rotate.o rsp.o rspd.o schmdt.o setdbg.o shift.o sparkl.o spin.o split.o sqzero.o srotate.o ssmndo.o subformd.o svd.o swap.o test.o test1.o transd.o trvect.o vecprt.o vibfrq.o zdogrd.o stopper.o h2indo.o h2indo_intunroll.o h1indo.o f2indo.o f2indo_intunroll.o bonder.o angle.o gamma.o qmnuc.o wrichk.o gettim.o molset.o inichk.o aababc.o blockd.o  -L/usr/pgi/lib/ -llapack -lblas
/opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.5/lib/liblapack.a(dlamch.o): In function `dlamc1_':
dlamch.f:(.text+0x3ae): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x411): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x41d): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x46e): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x483): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x4f7): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x4fd): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x503): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x530): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x539): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `.bss'
dlamch.f:(.text+0x582): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output
make[1]: *** [muse.exe] Error 2

...which appears to be a problem with linking to lapack.

Anyone have any ideas how I can solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Crip_crop
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crip Crop,

The Lapack we ship is only compiled for use with the small memory model. You will need to either compile you're own Lapack library with "-fpic" enabled (we simply ship a compiled version of the NetLib version) or use the shared ACML library found in "/opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.5/libso" directory.

Hope this helps,
Mat
crip_crop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

linking to the -L/opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.5/libso library and removing the links to lapack results in the compiler not recognising the lapack routines:

Code:

/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./anavib.f:61: undefined reference to `dsyev_'
dodiis.o: In function `dodiis_':
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./dodiis.f:304: undefined reference to `dgelss_'
formd.o: In function `formd_':
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./formd.f:109: undefined reference to `dsyev_'
mofi.o: In function `mofi_':
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./mofi.f:115: undefined reference to `dsyev_'
mulpop.o: In function `mulpop_':
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./mulpop.f:189: undefined reference to `dsyev_'
shift.o: In function `shift_':
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./shift.f:143: undefined reference to `dgemm_'
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./shift.f:143: undefined reference to `dgemm_'
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./shift.f:189: undefined reference to `dgemm_'
vibfrq.o: In function `vibfrq_':
/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized/./vibfrq.f:165: undefined reference to `dsyev_'
make[1]: *** [muse.exe] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mbdx6pn2/work/DivNCon/complete/para_optimized'
make: *** [default] Error 2

If I include the lapack links I get the same error as I got previously... so I'm not sure that's works unless I'm doing something wrong. You did mean to add a static library link to the makefile didn't you?

Cheers,
Crip_crop
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You did mean to add a static library link to the makefile didn't you?
No. We only ship a static, non-fpic compiled, version of Lapack that can't be used with the medium model model.

Instead, you need to use the shared ACML library, i.e. add "-L/opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.5/libso -lacml". Or compile your own version of Lapack with PIC enabled.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: