PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

openmpi and pgi 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bchang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: openmpi and pgi 7 Reply with quote

Hello,
I 'm try to compile openmpi with infiniband suport using pgi 7.0 .

running RHEL4 U4,
OFED 1.1
my configure line is :
./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi.pgi --with-openib=/usr/local/ofed --with-openib-libdir=/usr/local/ofed/lib64 CC=pgcc CXX=pgCC F77=pgf77 FC=pgf90

got the following error when make

libtool: link: pgcc -shared -fpic -DPIC class/.libs/opal_free_list.o class/.libs/opal_hash_table.o class/.libs/opal_list.o class/.libs/opal_object.o class/.libs/opal_atomic_lifo.o class/.libs/opal_value_array.o memoryhooks/.libs/memory.o runtime/.libs/opal_progress.o runtime/.libs/opal_finalize.o runtime/.libs/opal_init.o runtime/.libs/opal_params.o threads/.libs/condition.o threads/.libs/mutex.o threads/.libs/thread.o -Wl,--whole-archive,libltdl/.libs/libltdlc.a,asm/.libs/libasm.a,event/.libs/libevent.a,mca/base/.libs/libmca_base.a,util/.libs/libopalutil.a,mca/backtrace/.libs/libmca_backtrace.a,mca/backtrace/execinfo/.libs/libmca_backtrace_execinfo.a,mca/installdirs/.libs/libmca_installdirs.a,mca/installdirs/config/.libs/libmca_installdirs_config.a,mca/installdirs/env/.libs/libmca_installdirs_env.a,mca/maffinity/.libs/libmca_maffinity.a,mca/memcpy/.libs/libmca_memcpy.a,mca/memory/.libs/libmca_memory.a,mca/memory/ptmalloc2/.libs/libmca_memory_ptmalloc2.a,mca/paffinity/.libs/libmca_paffinity.a,mca/timer/.libs/libmca_timer.a,mca/timer/linux/.libs/libmca_timer_linux.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -ldl -lnsl -lutil -lpthread -lc -Wl,-soname -Wl,libopen-pal.so.0 -o .libs/libopen-pal.so.0.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: class/.libs/opal_free_list.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `__pgio_ini' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
make[2]: *** [libopen-pal.la] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/atipa/src/openmpi-1.2.2/opal'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/atipa/src/openmpi-1.2.2/opal'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

appreciate any help
-Brady
bchang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what problem is . I've not installed torque yet.
hongyon2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bchang,

You might want to check if opal_free_list.c was compiled with -fpic. If not, please make sure that it is. We compiled openmpi 1.2.2 with 7.0-5 here but without option openib=...

Here are out option:
./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi.pgi CC=pgcc CXX=pgCC F77=pgf77 FC=pgf90

Hongyon
bchang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled it with PGI 7 and OpenMPI 1.2.2 on RHEL 5 and I don't have the problems either.
It was RHEL4 that I ran into the problem
hongyon2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange because we compile on RHEL4 with no problem.

Can you post the log output of how opal_free_list.c is compiled?

Hongyon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: