PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Minimal files for license manager?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gap

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Minimal files for license manager? Reply with quote

We are running our license manager on one machine to serve PGI licenses to users on multiple clusters. I'm starting to re-evaluate how this tool is managed. We use RPM for the installations, and have been doing a full PGI install on the license server machine, but it seems excessive.

Experimented making an RPM to include just the <tedious-path>/bin directory, but since that includes all the compiler tools per se, PGI and RPM are a little worried about possible dependencies.

Next experiment is to explicitly select only the tools I need. Some are obvious:
lmgrd
lmutil
pgroupd

A few others look like I should include them just in case:
change-pgi-hostid
pghostid
pglicinfo

Is this really all I need? Plus the license file, of course.
Will this work?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gap,

You should only need lmgrd, lmutil, pgroupd, and either the PGI lmgrd.rc
file or one that you wrote yourself. Would it be useful for you if we added to the PGI installer an option to only install the license server?

Thanks,
Mat
gap

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: minimal license files Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it might be handy to offer a license-only installer, but since the subset is so minimal, it may not be worth your trouble :-) A little side explanation in the README (explaining this setup) could be sufficient.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll pass that along.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: