PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

pgdbg only runs on head node
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hongyon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

How did you compile your program? What options did you use? It's possible that you compiled with 64-bit compiler and ran with 32-bit PGDBG. From the information you gave us, you invoked 32-bit PGDBG. Also how did you set PGI environment variable?

Hongyon
mleair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Another question Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

In addition to answering Hongyon's questions above, please try setting the PGRSH environment variable. This controls the kind of communication that gets established between PGDBG and each node of your program. By default, PGDBG will use rsh to establish its connection. Some clusters have rsh disabled, so you'll need to use ssh for your connection. To set ssh, perform the following:

On csh/tcsh:

setenv PGRSH ssh

On sh/bash:

export PGRSH=ssh

-Mark
werneta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

Hongyon:
To compile a program, I use something like:

[quote]pgCC -o prob10p4 prob10p4.cpp -g -I$(HOME)/local/include/gsl -L$(HOME)/local/lib -lgslcblas -lmpich[\quote]

To set the PGI environment variable, in my .bash_profile I have:

Quote:
PGI=/usr/pgi
PATH=${PGI}/linux86/6.0/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin
export PGI PATH

As far as I know we only have 32-bit processors in the cluster, so if I had accidentally run a 64-bit compiler I would have expected much worse errors.

Mark:
I think you might have hit on the problem. I tried to rsh to one of the other nodes and got a "connection refused". So I set the PGRSH to ssh as described, then when I ran the debugger I got

Quote:
bash: line 1: /usr/pgi/linux86/6.0/bin/pgserv: No such file or directory
- accept: client init: Bad file descriptor

I looked around on the cluster for pgserv. There was a copy of it on the master node, in /usr/pgi/linux86/6.0/bin/pgserv, where pgdbg was looking for it. However, there was not a copy of it anywhere on any of the other nodes. Could this have been a mistake in the install?

Thanks,

Tom
werneta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

I did some more digging on the cluster and found an older installation of PGI that had pgserv in the right directory on each node. I pointed PGI to that directory and it worked! Thanks for all your help.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: