PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Installation problems on SUSE 10.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drunkle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Installation problems on SUSE 10.2 Reply with quote

Hi,
I carefully read the installation and release notes before trying to install PGI workstation (as a trial).

The installation seemed to go smoothly, but when I tried to follow Step 6 in the installation notes by typing "pgf77 -V x.f" I got the message

pfg77-Error-please run makelocalrc to complete your installation

I couldn't find any description of makelocalrc in any of your documentation, but when I found makelocalrc, I created the example path
/usr/pgi/linux86/6.2

then I ran the example command

/opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.2/bin/makelocalrc -x /usr/pgi/linux86/6.2

the following error message came back:

unknown glibc version (2.5)

Do you have any suggestions?? I've looked through the documentation, the FAQs, and the forums.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Drunkle,

SuSE 10.2 will be supported in the 7.0 release due out shortly. Please refer to our FAQ pages for a complete list of supported operating systems.

Thanks,
Mat
Markus Roeffen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Drunkle,

according to https://www.pgroup.com/support/new_rel.htm#bug there seems to be a problem with glib 2.5 and PGI release 6.2.

There is a patch available at: https://www.pgroup.com/support/makelocalrc_fc6

Just replace /yourdownloaddirectory/pgi/linux86/6.2/bin/makelocalrc and /yourdownloaddirectory/pgi/linux86-64/6.2/bin/makelocalrc with the patchfile. Then execute the install script.

Best Regards
Markus Roeffen
Doug-NSIDC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Version 7.0 release date? Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

I'm also running Suse 10.2 and need a F90 compiler. Can you estimate when version 7.0 will be released?

Thanks,
Doug

mkcolg wrote:
Hi Drunkle,

SuSE 10.2 will be supported in the 7.0 release due out shortly. Please refer to our FAQ pages for a complete list of supported operating systems.

Thanks,
Mat
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doug,

Actually, 7.0 was just released yesterday. We won't formally announced that it's out until next week, but you can download it from the PGI Downloads page.

Note that we have also issued a patch which will allow 6.2-5 to install properly on SuSE 10.2 and Fedora 6. Please see our FAQ page for more details.

Thanks,
Mat

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: