PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

pgprof has different results between 6.1 and 6.2 pgf77

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: pgprof has different results between 6.1 and 6.2 pgf77 Reply with quote

I have been profiling an application with mixed Fortran and C using gcc and pgf77. I am using the -pg flag to enable profiling. When I compile and use the 6.1 version, I get results close to what I would expect. However when using the 6.2 compiler, the profiler does not appear to assign the times correctly. It appears to be confused between the boundaries of the C and Fortran routines. gprof on the same data produces expected results. Is there a compatibility issue between 6.2 and gcc?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GDC,

Can you send either the source or binaries which exhibit this behavior as well as the resulting gmon.out files to trs@pgroup.com? I'd like to have one of our tools engineers take a look and determine why you're not getting the expected results. While there were no changes to how "-pg" works from 6.1 to 6.2, there were a lot of other performance improvements which may account for the differences.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: