PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

source line to long
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mc3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: source line to long Reply with quote

we porting our application from Sun-Solaris to Linux (64bit) using
the pgf90 compiler.
Unfortunately our macros-source-lines (and other) become to long for the new Compiler! (even with the -Mextend - Flag)

Is there a way to break a macro in more than one (precompiled-)line or to
allow more signs in a source-line?
Or is it possible to use another precompiler. E.g. fpp breaks source-lines that are to long using "&".
mleair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: macros Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you have a small example of the macro that is causing this error? I wonder if this is a bug in which the macro expansion is going into an infinite loop. What happens when you compile with -Mfree for free form source?

-Mark
mc3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: source line to long Reply with quote

Using -Mfree doesn't changes the compiler output.
Here is an small example:

Makro:
#define MSG_E02_006(X) MSG_BEREICH,"E02_006","Unerwartetes Erreichen des Dateiendes beim Lesen der Datei '"//trim(X)//"' des thermischen Erzeugungssystems. Moeglicherweise ist ein Datenkapitel nicht mit '*' abgeschlossen."

Sourceline:
" if (i_status < 0) call meldung(ERR_FATAL,MSG_E02_006(fname_thdat)) ! EndOfFile"

Precompilde Sourceline pgf90 [...] -F source.F90:
" if (i_status < 0) call meldung(1, 'einles_th',"E02_006","Unerwartetes Erreichen des Dateiendes beim Lesen der Datei '"//trim(fname_thdat)//"' des thermischen Erzeugungssystems. Moeglicherweise ist ein Datenkapitel nicht mit '*' abgeschlossen.") ! EndOfFile"

lutz
mleair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: RE: macro problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I was able to compile your example fine if I used -Mfree or used a .f90 file extension to indicate F90 (freeform) convention. What error message are you getting? Are you compiling with -Mpreprocess ?

-Mark
mc3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: RE: macro problems Reply with quote

mleair wrote:
Hi,

I was able to compile your example fine if I used -Mfree or used a .f90 file extension to indicate F90 (freeform) convention. What error message are you getting? Are you compiling with -Mpreprocess ?

-Mark

Hi,
sorry i forgot the leading whitespaces in the excample!
If the sourceline has more than 264 signs the error-message appears.
I solved the problem:
1. using smaller macros and
2. using the fpp-Precompiler (that breaks the lines at sign 132 with "&")
fpp -D"PGI" source.F90 > source.pr.F90
pgf90 -C -c -Mextend -o source.pr.o source.pr.F90

lutz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: