PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

sym_is_refd:bad sty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: sym_is_refd:bad sty Reply with quote

Compiling a relatively simple netcdf io program with pgf90/linux 64 bit/FC4, I ended up with very cryptic ICE:

Internal compiler error. sym_is_refd:bad sty

referencing the last executable line in the code. Commenting this just moved the referenced line up.

In fact, the parameter dimensions of my arrays were placed after the array definitions: a true coding error. This should be detected by the compiler, but wasn't. No reference in the error message to the declaration line or the parameter definition line.

No source on the web (or the ICE defined in the PGI manuals) referenced "sym_is_refd:bad sty", so I'm posting for information more than anything else.

If someone powerful is listening, could they patch the ICE, or make the crash more informative for future users?

Thanks

Matthieu
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthieu,

Internal Compiler Errors (ICE) should always be considered a compiler issue, even when the error is caused by a coding problem. Please report these issues to trs@prgoup.com and include all relevant information, including source, which would help us in diagnosing and fixing the problem.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: