PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Internal Compiler error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Hulbert

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Internal Compiler error Reply with quote

I tried to compile some code with a large openMP parallel block and get the following compiler error

PGC-S-0000-Internal compile error. zapdtypes: bad dtype 6028
PGC-S-0000-Internal compile error. zapdtypes: bad dtype 6032

The line number it lists for the file is the last line. I thought I might be missing a bracket, but don't see one missing. Any other clues to look for? I see no openMP warnings and do see messages indicating the parallel region was activated.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

This looks like a compiler problem. Can you send a report to our customer support team at trs@pgroup.com along with a sample of the source? We wouldn't need the entire source, just enough to recreate the issue.

Thanks,
Mat
Christopher Hulbert

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After including omp.h, that fixed the compiler problem. I still need to sift through the code and make sure it works, and once I'm sure my code is good, I'll try to reproduce the problem, possibly with a much simpler example.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would great if you could distill this down since we'ed like to get the error fixed. The error occurs when an internal compiler function doesn't know how to handle a data type. While these are often the result of a syntax or other user error, the compiler should handle the error instead of giving an ICE.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: