PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

How to start?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meko

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: How to start? Reply with quote

I want to write a c++ file and want to run this on a linux machine,
is this compiler the right tool for me.?
I want to use a FORM on my webpage with variables and send these variables to the server with method="post" and do something with it.
Does this compiler make from the c++ file a executable program to run on a Linux/Unix based server.?

Meko.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Meko,

Quote:
I want to write a c++ file and want to run this on a linux machine,
is this compiler the right tool for me.?

While we do produce a very good C++ compiler, pgCC, (Please see our product page) without knowing your specific needs, it's difficult to say if PGI is the best solution for you. Please feel free to ask about any features you might need.

Quote:
I want to use a FORM on my webpage with variables and send these variables to the server with method="post" and do something with it.

You should investigate CGI (Common Gateway Interface) which is an interface between the web server and a backend application. The backend application can be written in a variety of languages, including C++. Doing an internet search for "C++ CGI" will yield a lot of information on the subject.

Quote:
Does this compiler make from the c++ file a executable program to run on a Linux/Unix based server.?

We support many flavors of Linux as well as Windows. For a complete list of supported platforms, please refer to http://www.pgroup.com/support/install.htm#release_info.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: