PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

copyin a derived type parameter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haz13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: copyin a derived type parameter? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a derived type which has a parameter p. This p represents a 3D array. I would like to copy this directly into a data region as so:

Code:
!$acc data region copyin(b%p(1:n,1:n,1:n))

But I get a syntax error on compilation. Is there any way to do this that avoids just copying b%p into an allocatable array and copying this new array in? Could I copy a pointer to the array in?

Thanks,

Harry
cparrott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry,

I am investigating this issue, and I will follow up when I have some more information.

Best regards,

+chris
cparrott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry,

I've been told by our main OpenACC developer that using a derived type array member in the copyin directive will be possible in the 14.4 release of PGI. You might want to pick up that update in a few weeks, and see if this works for you then.

Until then, you will have to use a workaround, such as assigning the data to a temporary array. (Not ideal, I know.)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

+chris
haz13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for that, good to know it is being implemented soon.

Thanks, Harry
haz13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, any idea of a date for the release of 14.4? Or is there any chance of a prerelease version I could download? I have a report deadline on Thursday and my results/code would look rather better with the compiler fixes and added features that 14.4 will offer me!

:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: