PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Help debugging - lint-like tool?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sylvain K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Help debugging - lint-like tool? Reply with quote

I am modifying a large f77 program written over the past 50+ years by someone else (and that has retired).

We have modified some routines to take one extra argument, but we missed some cases.

I am looking for something like lint that would look if every time the routine X() is called, it now has 8 args, not 7 (where there is a list of X...).

Is there such a tool?

I can grep X *.f and check, but what I'm looking for is a lint-like tool to automate this.

Thanks. Sylvain.
cparrott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvain,

I'm not aware of any such tool, but perhaps one of our other users can assist. Hopefully someone might be able to post a solution here.

Best regards,

+chris
Sylvain K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris.

I did some googling and I found ftnchek at

http://dsm.dsm.fordham.edu/~ftnchek/ftp-index.html

That I built out-of-the-box right away.

I followed the instructions (create .prj files) and ran it fine.

It found the known error (as a varying number of arguments warning), and some 3,600 other warnings (most of them are the result of old style programming).

It comes w/ a 55 pages documentation, looks like something useful, although its output (63,000+ lines in my case, by analyzing 350,000+ lines of code) can be overwhelming (1 warning per 100 lines of codes ;-).

Cheers,
Sylvain.
--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: