PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

pgf902 TERMINATED by signal 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Norton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi J -

Can you try your compile without the -Kieee flag and see if the compile succeeds? It looks to me that is were the issue is, so I'll see if I can isolate it further for engineering.

It looks to me like the issue is with the subroutine seasalt_emitfactors_1bin when compiled with a combination of -O3 and -Kieee

-dave
cjo_100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Thanks so much! The compilation worked like a charm without the -Kieee flag!

J
David Norton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engineering has the root issue tracked down - thanks for reporting this. I'll post here when the fix for this is released.

A couple of notes about your compile:

You pass in the -Mpreprocess flag. I don't think this really does anything as it looks like the build system runs /lib/cpp to generate the *.f90 files from the original source so there should be nothing left to preprocess.

I don't believe the -Msave flag is needed, although it's hard to tell without running and having an issue.

You shouldn't need to pass in a -tp flag (target processor) unless you are planning on running the exectuable on a different archtecture then you compile on. PGI automagically optimizes for whatever processor is used to compile the code on. If you have a newer machine, there may be some optimizations that are missed if you compile for a generic architecture.

> pgf90 -tp -help
gives the latest list of the supported architectures

Glad I could help - and check back later to see when this fix will be in a release.

-dave
cjo_100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Thanks for all the help. I'll remove the flags you mention from the compile script and check back later on the compilation issue.

J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: