PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Calling Thrust from CUDA Fortran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPHriction-3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Calling Thrust from CUDA Fortran Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to use Thrust to sort a 2D array. I have a license for the PGI Accelerator Visual Fortran. I am wondering if I will be able to run Thrust without a license for the C/C++ version of the accelerator.

Can you point me towards some documentation if I am able to call Thrust with my license.

Thank you

Kirk
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kirk,

The Accelerator license would only be needed for C/C++ if you were using the PGI C/C++ compilers to compile code with OpenACC/PGI Accelerator model. There is no restriction on using external libraries, CUDA, C, C++, or any other.

We have no run time license restrictions. Licensing is only on the compilers and tools.

Hope this helps,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: