PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

cuMemHostRegister returned error 999: Unknown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Luitjens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: cuMemHostRegister returned error 999: Unknown Reply with quote

I have a code which compiles and runs fine using the Cray compiler. I'm trying to get the same application to build using the PGI complier.

When I compile I have added the following parameters: -ta=nvidia -acc -Minfo=accel

Everything appears to compile fine and messages showing parallelization seem correct. However, when I run I get the failure: 'cuMemHostRegister returned error 999: Unknown'

I have tried building against both cuda 5.0 and 5.5 and both have the same issue. I am using pgi's compiler version 13.7

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Justin
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Justin,

It's probably a compiler issue but the error is too generic for me to tell the specific problem. Can you please post or send me a reproducing example?

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: