PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Java issues with pgdbg on Mac
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
I checked further and it turns out that this is a known bug that was present *only* in 13.4. Probably the best solution is to upgrade to the latest release since there are other OSX debugging improvements there. If that's not an option, I can provide you with a patch for your installation. If you really need the patch, send email to trs@pgroup.com and ask them to forward it to Don in tools engineering.
--Don
donb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim
BTW, please let us know when you get things working, or if you have any more trouble. We want to make sure that you are up and running!

Also, when using PGI_JAVA, it should always be set to the path of the Java executable, not the directory containing the Java executable (e.g. 'bin').

--Don
JamesBenedict40177

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

My subscription ended right after pgdbg v13.6 came out, so I was able to upgrade for free. The pgdbg 13.6 version on Mac OSX worked without any problems. (Also, no PGI_JAVA environment had to be set in .cshrc, as you mentioned.)

Thanks for your help!
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: