PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

How to generate license for Win 64-bit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: How to generate license for Win 64-bit Reply with quote

Hello, all

I have installed PGI Workstation 6.1-1 for Windows 64-bit edition.
During installation I've got FLEXlm host id.
How can I generate license with this id?
I went to PGI Online License Key System using my account but not found how to apply this id. By the way I saw that for Win 32-bit and Linux 32, 64 there are slots for host id or serial number but not for Win 64 bit.

Do I do smth wrong?
Please help.

Thanks
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sanik,

The 64-bit Windows product should appear as another option in the license key generator if you have purchased the 64-bit Windows product. The 64-bit Windows product is distinct from Linux and 32-bit Windows and must be purchased separately.

Can you please send a note to sales@pgroup.com? Please include your PIN and account information.

Thanks,
Mat
Sanik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkcolg, thanks

And what about 32 bit Windows product?
In Download section there were Windows 64 and Linux 32 & 64 release 6.1 available.
Is it expexted 6.1 version or not?

mkcolg, you say
Quote:
The 64-bit Windows product is distinct from Linux and 32-bit Windows and must be purchased separately

Could you please explain how are the products grouped?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sanik,

Thanks for the question. The 32-bit Windows product is undergoing a major revision so was not part of the 6.1 release. It will be part of the 6.2 release currently expected in May 2006. Also, the 6.0-8 release is still available.

Prior to 6.2, the 32-bit Windows Workstation product presented a Linux-like environment (MINGW) and only-offered command level C, F77, and F90 compilers. Our C++ compiler and our debugger PGDBG we're not available.

With the next generation 32-Windows Workstation and Server products, we will be able to offer native Windows support, PGDBG, object compatability with Visual C++, and eventually PGI C++. In all, it will be a significant step forward.

Quote:
Could you please explain how are the products grouped?

The products are either Workstation, Server, or CDK. Pricing is grouped by product for a given platform, 32-bit Linux and Windows, 64-bit/32-bit Linux Only, 64-bit Windows Only, or 64-bit/32-bit Linux and 64-bit Windows. This may change slightly once the 6.2 32-bit Windows products are released.

Please see our Products and Pricing pages for more information.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: