PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

PVF 13.7 can't compile the same codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the results were wrong! Furthermore, the second error "invalid arguments" occurred while calling the "subroutine OKgrid_rain2" again. The error was thrown out while launching the kernel "gpu_assign_B2_matrix". I will try to figure out.
Ok, let us know if you need help.

- Mat
cyfengMIT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

As usual, I checked the data uploaded to the GPU device. The following way which was correct in the PVF 10.9, however, is wrong in the PVF 13.7.
Code:
dgy(1:ndem)=DEMdata(1:ndem)%Y

The array "dgy" is the device variable and the one "DEMdata" is the host variable. Is the issue similar to the one which had been corrected in PVF 12.5 ?(http://www.pgroup.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?p=11577&highlight=#11577)

Feng
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Feng,

It's possible that it's related since the last issue had to do with some optimization of data transfers with added around then. Please send in a reproducing example.

Though, I'm wondering if you really want to do it this way. The "Y" members are not contiguous hence each Y would need to be copied to the device separately. You might want to consider coalescing Y on the host and then send it over in one contiguous block?

- Mat
cyfengMIT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Yap! You are right. It doesn't make sense to expect the compiler automatically copying the whole non-contiguous data to the contiguous memory address on the device. I am modifying the code to coalesce Y on the host first. Thanks for your advice.

Feng

mkcolg wrote:
Hi Feng,

It's possible that it's related since the last issue had to do with some optimization of data transfers with added around then. Please send in a reproducing example.

Though, I'm wondering if you really want to do it this way. The "Y" members are not contiguous hence each Y would need to be copied to the device separately. You might want to consider coalescing Y on the host and then send it over in one contiguous block?

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: