PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Fatal Error in ACC kernels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nchlsearl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mat,

This definitely helped with some of the issues. However, there are instances where Alpha and Beta are passed as arguments to a subroutine that contains nested loops, and I can't really force them into being parameters without explicitly stating their value (this is undesired because Alpha and Beta limits can be different).

Thanks for all your time and effort,
Nick
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing in Alpha and Beta to a subroutine and then using them as the size for automatic arrays should be fine. You just can't do this in the main program since Alpha and Beta's values are undefined.

Are you able to send the code to PGI Customer Support (trs@pgroup.com)?

- Mat
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Dave sent me your code and without even running it I can tell the problem. You're using "-Mconcur" in your flags. This is auto-parallelization and will create multiple host threads. Since each thread will have a separate device context, data allocated from one thread is not visible from another thread.

Please remove this flag and try again.

Note that there are other issues with your OpenACC that I'm looking at. Hoping to send you updated code soon.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: