PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

endif identified for 100% of cpu time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidLambert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: endif identified for 100% of cpu time Reply with quote

pgprof identifies endif statements as taking all the time in my program, which runs for two minutes. I had hoped for detailed information. The following flags specify single threading, no optimization, no GPU? I'm not yet all that familiar with pgfortran flags and it's possible that one of the later options increases the optimization level. I saw no message indicating this.

Please advise. I'd like to see detailed profiling information. Optimization is the only reason I can think of to cause the result, that's why I mention it. Maybe there are other flags to enhance the profiled code? pgcollect didn't work with this program, probably because the source is not contained in a single directory. Thank you, Dave.

The main program and private libraries are compiled and assembled with

OS windows7

Version
$ "c:/Program Files (x86)/PGI/win32/13.6/bin"/pgf90.exe --version

pgf90 13.6-0 32-bit target on x86-64 Windows -tp sandybridge
Copyright 1989-2000, The Portland Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2000-2013, STMicroelectronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Compiler & options to build objects
"c:/Program Files (x86)/PGI/win32/13.6/bin"/pgf90.exe -Minfo=pfo -Mprof=lines -tp=px-32 -g -O0 -Mpreprocess -Bstatic -Mbackslash -Mextend -Mbounds -Mfprelaxed -Mnoflushz -Mnodaz -Minform=warn

Compiler & options to link into executable
All the compilation flags along with these options and libraries
"c:/Program Files (x86)/PGI/win32/13.6/bin"/pgf90.exe -Wl,/libpath:"c:\program files (x86)\pgi\win32\13.6\lib" -Wl,/libpath:"C:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 11\lib" -Wl,/libpath:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x86" -Yl,"C:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 11\bin" -stack=10000000,10000000 -o $@ -Wl,/libpath:"private" $< private.lib imsl.lib FCLIB.lib crush32.lib OTSW32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib dispf.lib skr90l32.lib
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

I sent this to our Tools group but unfortunately, they aren't sure. Is it possible to send us a reproducing example?

They would also be interested in investigating why pgcollect didn't work with it.

Thanks,
Mat
DavidLambert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't hold your breath awaiting a response. Could take a month. I'll try to provide a minimal (smaller, anyway) source that reproduces the issue. I add that when I profiled only two of the source files by line,
-Mprof=lines
that of the main program and that containing the next-level interesting subroutine pgprof worked as expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: