PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Linking with ole32
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed_k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Linking with ole32 Reply with quote

I have a Fortran program that needs to parse XML. I wrote a thin C wrapper around the MSXML api that takes care of converting the BSTRs. I call the C routines from the Fortran code. I did not create a lib. The C is compiled to an OBJ and then linked with the Fortran OBJs at link time. It all works well when I use the 32 bit version of the PGI compilers.

When I try the 64 bit PGI compilers I get a link error. I am linking with ole32.lib and oleaut32.lib that are provided with PGI in the Microsoft SDKs.
Here is the link error:
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_SysAllocStringLen referenced in function convertStringToBSTR
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_CoInitialize referenced in function xmldomdocinitialize_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol CLSID_DOMDocument30 referenced in function xmldomdocinitialize_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol IID_IXMLDOMDocument referenced in function xmldomdocinitialize_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_CoCreateInstance referenced in function xmldomdocinitialize_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_CoUninitialize referenced in function xmldomdocrelease_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_VariantInit referenced in function xmldomdocloadfile_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_SysFreeString referenced in function xmldomdocloadfile_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_SysStringLen referenced in function xmldomnodegetnodename_
test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals

Any ideas?
ed_k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:
If I link with the ole.lib and oleAut32.lib from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib\x64 instead of the ones that shipped with PGI then I reduce the link errors down to the following:
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol CLSID_DOMDocument30 referenced in function xmldomdocinitialize_
araXML.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol IID_IXMLDOMDocument referenced in function xmldomdocinitialize_
test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
ed_k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE2:
If I link with msxml6.lib from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib\x64 instead of the one that shipped with PGI (C:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 10\PlatformSDK\lib\AMD64) then it resolves the last two link errors.

Summary: If I try to use the Microsoft SDK libraries that were installed with PGI then I get some link errors. If I use the ones that were already on my Windows 7 64 bit machine then everything links and runs fine.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ed_k,

Open Tools 10's Platform SDK and the Microsoft SDK v6.0A are different version of the libraries. Open Tools 10 is from VS2010 and I beleive v6.0A is from VS2008. Though, I'm not possitive this is the cause of your issue. More likely how you compiled your C object caused the symbol names to change (i.e. did you use /MD?). The symbols you list all have the "__imp" prefix meaning these are the "_DLL" symbols.

- Mat
ed_k

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat,
I don't understand your suggestion. According to the -help documentation, --MD causes the compiler to "Print makefile dependencies to .d file". How would that cause symbol names to change?
I added the -MD and then looked at the generated .d file. It contains a lot of references to .h files in the PGI/Microsoft Open Tools/10/PlatformSDK/include directory. However, I still have to link with the libraries from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib\x64 instead of the ones that shipped with PGI.
I am using a .bat file to compile. Here is the line that calls the C compiler:
pgcc -w -pc 64 -c -MD -g %%f

Here is what .d file contains:
araXML.obj : araXML.c \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/windows.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/sdkddkver.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/include/excpt.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/crtdefs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/crtdefs10.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/sal.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/sal10.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/vadefs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/vadefs10.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/stdarg.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/windef.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/WinDef10.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/winnt.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/WinNT10.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/include/ctype.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/specstrings.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/sal_supp.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/specstrings_supp.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/specstrings_strict.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/driverspecs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/sdv_driverspecs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/kernelspecs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/DriverSpecs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/basetsd.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/BaseTsd10.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/guiddef.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/include/string.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/pshpack4.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/poppack.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/pshpack2.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/pshpack8.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/ktmtypes.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winbase.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winerror.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/wingdi.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/pshpack1.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winuser.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/tvout.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winnls.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/wincon.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winver.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/SpecStrings.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/verrsrc.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winreg.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/reason.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winnetwk.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/wnnc.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/cderr.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/dde.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/ddeml.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/dlgs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/lzexpand.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/mmsystem.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/nb30.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpc.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcdce.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcdcep.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcnsi.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcnterr.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcasync.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/shellapi.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winperf.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winsock.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/inaddr.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/wincrypt.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/bcrypt.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/ncrypt.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winefs.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winscard.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/wtypes.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcndr.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcnsip.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/rpcsal.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/basetsd.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winioctl.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winsmcrd.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winspool.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/prsht.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/ole2.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/objbase.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/stdlib.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/include/stdlib.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/include/limits.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/unknwn.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/objidl.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/cguid.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/urlmon.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/oleidl.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/servprov.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/msxml.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/oaidl.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/propidl.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/oleauto.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/commdlg.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/stralign.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/StrAlign10.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/winsvc.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/mcx.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/imm.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/ime_cmodes.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/OAIdl.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/PlatformSDK/include/msxml6.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/Microsoft\ Open\ Tools\ 10/include/stdio.h \
/C/Program\ Files/PGI/win64/12.9/include/swprintf.inl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: