PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Matrix outpout
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camaptrang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Matrix outpout Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have a problem. The result that i want to obtain is a matrix 2x2(note C). The parameter that i give to calculate the matrix C are a(n),b(n). So I want to obtains n matrix. What is the idea to do i?
Thank of avance
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi camaptrang,

Sorry but I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are "a" and "b" linearized 2-D arrays where n=2 (2x2)? If so, then just take the normal matrix multiply algorithm and instead of accessing using a[i][j], use a computed index "idx=i*2+j".

- Mat
camaptrang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Matrix outpout Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm sorry, I ased a question not clear. Example, I have n couple (a(i),b(i)),i=1,n. I want to calcul matrix A(mxk) n time. Example, at 1-th step, i have
A(i,j)=a(1)^i*b(1)^j; i=1,...,m;j=1,...,n
at n-th step, i have
A(i,j)=a(n)^i*b(n)^j; i=1,...,m;j=1,...,n
The results which I want to obtains are n matrix A(mxk)
Thank you of avance.
mecej4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Matrix outpout Reply with quote

camaptrang wrote:
Hi,
...I have n couple (a(i),b(i)),i=1,n. I want to calcul matrix A(mxk) n time.

A(i,j)=a(1)^i*b(1)^j; i=1,...,m;j=1,...,n
A(i,j)=a(n)^i*b(n)^j; i=1,...,m;j=1,...,n
The results which I want to obtains are n matrix A(mxk)

What is k? There is no occurrence of k in the definitions of A(i,j) that you gave. Given that i=1:m and j=1:n, according to the definitions A is m x n, not m x k, unless k=n.

I am reminded of what one of my mathematics teachers used to drill into his students: "A problem well defined is a problem half solved".
camaptrang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Matrix outpout Reply with quote

Hi,
A is a matrix of size mxk, then j=1,..,k. I had a mistake.
Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: