PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

pgcc argument order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Harrington

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: pgcc argument order Reply with quote

I am trying out the pgi compiler as an alternative to gcc but I find that most of the pre-existing makefiles have to be rewritten because the pgcc argument order is important. Here is an example of the most common argument order problem

pgCC -largy -L/usr/local/slocal/lib # where libargy.so is in /usr/local/slocal/lib

gcc will interpret all of the -L arguments before the -l arguments to ensure that it finds everything, pgcc will not.

Is there a way to change this behavior? perhaps one of the many rc files?

Thanks,
Matt Harrington
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Order Issue with -L Reply with quote

Just to clarify, are you compiling C or C++? pgCC is the C++ compiler and pgcc is the C compiler. I ask because order shouldn't matter with pgcc. With pgCC, the prelinker does require "-L" before "-l".

- Mat
mwolfe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: -L vs -l Reply with quote

This is a known problem that was introduced in 5.2-1, and will be fixed in 5.2-2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: