PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

pgi/13.1, pgsampt Crash writing to "/tmp/prof
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
escj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Anne Marie .

Well . I think it's an error of denomination of the column or link between this two

The "Region Time" should probably show the "Region Elapse Time (total)"

as for example the "Kernel Device Time" show in fact I think the "Kernel Device Time (total)"

I know that the profiling as been completely rebuilt so some incoherence are probable
from the new measurement and the GUI .
In the PGPROF user guide pgprof13ug.pdf page 24-26 for example it is the Max of this variable which are shown .

Bye

Juan
ams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juan,

In fact the region time and region elapsed time are different measurements. The intent is that region time is the execution time on the accelerator, whereas region elapsed time is wall clock time on the host. We are investigating why there is no data generated for region time in the example you provided. Thanks for alerting us to this situation.

Annemarie
ams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juan,

I'm following up on the lack of data for Region Time. The next PGI release (after 13.10) should include data for Region Time as a separate metric. Thanks again for your feedback.

Annemarie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: