PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

matrix reduction using cuda fortran and GPU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Not sure if I asked that before, but I have something strange that does not make sense to me.
so I compiled a cuda fortran code on my machine which has the PGI compiler 12.3, and cuda tool kit 4 plus GeForce GTX 460 installed. my code runs fine on my machine.
on the other hand, I have another machine, which has Tesla C1060, cuda tool kit 5 installed. but when I run the same code here, for the first time it complained about cudart64_40_17.dll which I copied from my machine to this machine. so now it does not complain, but it hangs and shows nothing.

what could be the problem you think? what exactly I need to have installed in the machine with Tesla card in order to run the cuda fortran code??

thanks,
Dolf
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dolf,

What type of CPU and Windows versions are in use on both systems? I've seen this type of behaviour on Win7 systems using a Sandy-Bridge (AVX enabled) CPU. Win7 didn't begin supporting AVX until SP1.

Beyond that, I'm not sure.

- Mat
Dolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

I think you have a good point.
my machine (has the PGI compiler) have the following specs:
1. core i7-2600 processor
2. Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
3. cuda tool kit 4.0
4. GeForce GTX 460 v2 card

the other machine I want to run the code:
1. core 2 due quad core processor (Q9650)
2. Windows 7 Professional SP1
3. cuda tool kit 5.0
4. Tesla C1060 GPU card

so, could be the code I am compiling is for different amount of processors than the testing machine? how can I fix that?
is there a command in fortran to check no. of processors and divide the task between them?

what is the command in CMD that I use to get the specs of the Tesla card? I tried pgaccelinfo and it did not work since I dont have pgi compiler installed there.

thanks.
Dolf
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so, could be the code I am compiling is for different amount of processors than the testing machine? how can I fix that?
You set the target processor flag (-tp) to use the lowest common CPU (-tp penryn-64), a generic CPU (-tp px-64), or a unified binary (-tp=sandybridge-64,penryn-64).

Quote:
is there a command in fortran to check no. of processors and divide the task between them?
For host code, there is the auto-parallelization flag (-Mconcur) which will parallelize loops (if there are no dependencies).

Quote:
what is the command in CMD that I use to get the specs of the Tesla card? I tried pgaccelinfo and it did not work since I dont have pgi compiler installed there.
While I haven't used it on Windows, you may try NVIDIA's smi utility: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-system-management-interface

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: