PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

pgfortran equivalent to -fno-align-commons in gfortran?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: pgfortran equivalent to -fno-align-commons in gfortran? Reply with quote

The subject heading says it all. I am trying to use some old Fortran code which once worked with pgf90 version 8. Under 12.9 it compiles without errors but crashes on execution. I have reason to believe it is a problem with misaligned common blocks. The code compiles and executes properly when compiled with GNU gfortran if the parameter -fno-align-commons is included. Is there an equivalent in pgfortran? It would save a lot of work compared to going through hundreds of files and editing them.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi itano,

Since we've always padded common blocks, the move to from 8.x to 12.9 shouldn't have mattered. Most likely, something else is going on.

Though, our closest thing to "-fno-align-commons" might be "-Wh,-nodalign -Mnodalign". We haven't specifically tested this combination w.r.t common block padding, so it may not work, but worth a try.

- Mat
itano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't seem to change anything. Maybe I should track down the last version of the compiler that worked, if I can make it run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: