PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

error when running pgcollect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THX 1138

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: error when running pgcollect Reply with quote

While tryng to profile an executable I got the following output

pgcollect ./grab_sing_pgcc
/opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.6/bin/pgsampt: error while loading shared libraries: libnuma.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do not know how to get rid of the error "error while loading shared libraries: libnuma.so cannot open shared objec file: no such file or directory.

How do I get rid of this error?

I do have libnuma.so, it is in directory:

/opt/pgi/linux86/12.6/lib/libnuma.so

i am unsure as to why the compiler is not finding it.

The compilation wnet just fine with, the compile line was:

pgcc -acc -ta=nvidia -m32 -lm -lrt -g -O0 -Minfo=all,ccff -o grab_sing_pgcc

Still why am I getting this error? Should this libnuma.so be in the LD_LIBRAY_PATH?

Thanks in aavance.

THX 1138
THX 1138

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got this.

I just changed by LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the 32 bit or 64 bit libnuma file whichever the case may be.

The question that I have now is since I am on 64-bit Centos and checking a 32 bit application that was compiled also on 64 bit Centos, I find I must use the 32 bit pgcollect. The 64 bit pgcollect complains if I try to debug the 32 bit application using it.

Thanks in advance.

Newport_j
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: