PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

paralell programmng software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Performance and Benchmarking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THX 1138

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: paralell programmng software Reply with quote

I am running a program that at present is in c. I believe that when I try to paralellize the code and get a disppointing (ie. slow) runtime that it is becuase of overhead and false sharing.

I am interested in TAU from U. of Oregon, which I have downloaded. My question is in TAU's capabilities. Can it analyze c code program on linux Centos 6.3? Will it help in examining for the problems mentioned above?

Also, I have been trying to use a program called sheriff by Emery Berger at UMAS Amherst.
Does anyone here have any experience wih sheriff? The progrm is incarnated as libsheriff.so. It is Preloaded (LD_PRELOAD) when the executale in question is run.
then its libraries as substituted for the original libaries and they check the program for false sharing.

Anyone ever heard of or used this program?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

THX 1138
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

While we have a good relationship the TAU folks, we don't know the answer to your questions. Perhaps another user would know, but you're probably best server by asking them directly http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/Research/tau/contact.php.

As for Sheriff, I took a quick look and it does sound interesting, but again it's not something we know much about.

Sorry I couldn't more helpful,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Performance and Benchmarking All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: