PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Issue linking C++ & FORTRAN?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Miller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Issue linking C++ & FORTRAN? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got to create a demo of linking C, C++, FORTRAN, and Assembler in one program. Following the Inter-language Calling chapter in the PGI User's Guide, I found I can successfully link/run C++/C/Assembler, and FORTRAN/C/Assembler, but can't seem to link any combinations with C++/FORTRAN together with C/Assembler. This is an Opteron (e.g. x86_64) based machine.

I'd provide the errors, but unfortunately due to Rita, I've not regained access to the machines again. They had to do with unresolved references.

Can anyone tell me if there's any tricks to doing this that mightn't be spelled out in the user's guide?

Thanks in advance,

== ken miller ==
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

Without seeing the undefined references, I'm guessing that your missing one of the Fortran runtime libraries on the link line. With the 6.0 release, we've added a new flag "-pgf90libs" which will add all necessary Fortran libraries. Try adding this and see what happens.

Once your able, can you post an example of what your trying to do as well as the error messages your receiving?

Thanks,
Mat
Ken Miller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: right you are... Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, it turned out to be the absence of the lib's.

Thanks!

I do have another issue, but I'll post a new topic.

Regards,

== ken miller ==
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: