PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

poor pgi openMP performance????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve.xu

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: poor pgi openMP performance???? Reply with quote

I have a fortran CFD program parallized by openMP. When it is compiled by Intel fortran, i can achieve a speedup of almost 10 on 2 Intel Xeon X5670 CPUs which containing 12 cores. But when i compile it by pgi (version 11.8), i can only achieve a speedup of less than 5. I use the two compilers with -O3 option. For the sequential program, i observe that pgi fortran is about 20% slower than inter fortran. More surprisingly, if i use -fast option of pgi compiler, i cannot get the right result with 12 openMP threads, but it is still normal when the number of threads is less than 12.
So what is the difference of implementation between intel openMP and pgi openMP??Anybody can give me some advice about how to improve pgi openMP performance ???
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered in cross-post:[url] http://www.pgroup.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?t=3216[/url]

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: