PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Determining running timing problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanl

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a similar issue, though I am just using the command line compile under Win7-64bit. The simple test program times in at about 19 sec under gfortran. Using your 12.4 compiler, it takes a bit over 3 seconds, but the timing routines, whether system_clock or cpu_time, report 0.000 sec. This is regardless of optimization used. However, when I run the program through pgcollect, the reported time appears correct at about 3.4 sec (give or take a few random milliseconds). Just a bit more info for you to work with.

-alan
deeppow

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat,
Posted on several Windows7 forums but didn't get any concrete answers other than reinstall the OS and reinstall one app at a time to test. That is a viable path forward but would take me days so I put the issue aside.

I've just reached the point of deciding to use the profiling tools and when I switched that compiler option on, my original timing started working. Something associated with that switch makes it work. Of course turn the profiler off and my timings don't work.

Don't know if that is of any use or not.

Alan,
I would think that that little variation (within 12.4 +- profiler) could easily occur from run to run due to the system sharing its activities differently from one time to the next.

-ralph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: