PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

0034-Syntax error
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try using the same configuration options as the Intel compiler?

If that still doesn't work, my next step would be to have the compiler stop after the preprocessing step (i.e add the "-F" flag). Then compile the resulting ".f" file and examine the errors. Determine what's the error and then trace the Macros backwards to understand why the bad format is being used.

Unfortunately I don't have enough information to know what's wrong. The more examples you can provide, the better I can help.

- Mat
chiyu71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

thanks for all the helps you kindly provided. the S-0034 errors have been proved that they were due to the discrepancy between the intel and pgi compilers, and they have been taken care of.

however, some new error messages showed up now regarding S-0067 error. Here it is:
PGF90-S-0067-Too many data constants in initialization statement (/..get_atmos_data.F90: 61).
The code is trying to initialize 8 constants here at Line 61.

Also, I've found another thread in this forum that mentioned this might be the bug in PGI 6.1 compilers, which is what I'm using right now. Please see the following link,
http://www.pgroup.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?t=613&sid=80b378f0b91a81a6736ebcdd26deb07c

If this is the case, how can I solve it?

Thanks,
Chiyu
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chiyu71,

Quote:
If this is the case, how can I solve it?
Assuming that it's the same issue, this error (TPR#3878) was fixed in the 6.2-1 so you will need to update your compiler.

Best Regards,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: