PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Compilation problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormlab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: pregrid Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Thank you for your time and help.

> In the mean time, if you could isolate where the violation occur, it would be > very helpful.

Do you mean to use some debugger? I have debugger of Borland C++ Builder 6.0 but I don't know much about how to use it (I'm not good at the asembler;) (mov, eax...etc.) What I understand is the address location of the access violation.

Angel
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using gdb since we bundle it with the Win32 compilers. First compile Pregidder with "-g" and then run it through gdb ('gdb pregridder.exe'). Once gdb starts up run pregridder by typing 'run <args>' where args is the command line arguments you normally run pregridder with. Once the access violation occurs type 'where' to get a stacktrace. This should give to the exact line number where the violation occurs.

- Mat
stormlab

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: gdb Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

I tried to compile the pregrid with option -g but with no success. I get error while compiling the code:

The instruction at "0x004c57ef" referenced memory at "0x000004a4". The memory could not be "read".

Is this a compiler problem or the source code is not good?

Angel
stormlab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: pregrid/MM5 Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Did you have time to try to compile pregrid(MM5) and to run it? Option -g gives me error while compiling.

I know that you are busy so no problems if you aren't able now;)

Thanks!

Angel
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Angel,

My fault. I forgot that "-g" isn't supported on win32. Anyway...

I was able to build pregridder/regridder. Can you walk me through what steps you did to run program? I don't have data, so if you point me somewhere I can download an exmample set I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: