PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Course

PGCC problem: cannot find sys/cdefs.h file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfoster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: PGCC problem: cannot find sys/cdefs.h file? Reply with quote

Am evaluating pgcc and pgfortran compilers right now for some radio astronomy data processing applications that were originally compiled in gfortran. Am seeing some impressive speed-ups in the fortran code, in the neighborhood of 20-30% or more!

However, I cannot seem to compile any .c prgrams, as I constantly get the error:
PGC-F-0206-Can't find include file sys/cdefs.h (/opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.3/include/sys/cdefs.h: 16)
PGC/x86-64 Linux 12.3-0: compilation aborted

yet the precise file cdefs.h exists in the directory it complains about?

I have tried reinstalling the compilers using the included install script: no changes.

Please help! My trial license expires in 12 days, and I want to make a purchasing decision for my university department before then!
Thank you!!
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tfoster,

Quote:
Am seeing some impressive speed-ups in the fortran code, in the neighborhood of 20-30% or more!
Excellent.

Quote:
However, I cannot seem to compile any .c prgrams, as I constantly get the error:
PGC-F-0206-Can't find include file sys/cdefs.h (/opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.3/include/sys/cdefs.h: 16)
PGC/x86-64 Linux 12.3-0: compilation aborted
In a few circumstances, PGI will ship our own version of system header files to work around GNU specific features put in the system header files. However, we will still reference the original system header file usually via a "#include_next" pragma. The error here is that compiler is unable to find the system's cdefs.h file referenced in the PGI version.

Can you please check if the "/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h" exists and that you have read permissions on the file? Are you able to compile the C source file using gcc? What OS are you using?

Quote:
My trial license expires in 12 days, and I want to make a purchasing decision for my university department before then!
If you need more time, send a note to PGI Sales (sales@pgroup.com) and they can extend the evaluation period.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: