PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

MPI Program PGCOLLECT: Fatal Error: No samples: Out of range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagat Sesh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: MPI Program PGCOLLECT: Fatal Error: No samples: Out of range Reply with quote

I've just installed pgprof 12.3-0 32-bit target on x86 Linux accelerator compilers. I want to profile OpenMPI program, when compiling a simple test program (which I've successfully compiled on other machines) I receive the following error:
"pgcollect [executable file name]":

Process 0 on dmnode1 out of 1
target process has terminated, writing profile data
PGCOLLECT: Fatal Error: No samples: Out of range

"pgprof [executable file name]":
Invalid File name

Please reply as soon as possible.
With thanks,
Jagat Sesh
BITA, Pilani
INDIA
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jagat Sesh,

pgcollect is only available for single process (optional multiple threads) executables. To profile an MPI program, you use the -Mprof=mpich1 or -Mprof=mpich2 flag and the PGI supplied MPICH or PGI CDK MPICH2 libraries. For OpenMPI on Linux, you can also configure your installation so that the compiler wrappers (e.g. mpif90) support PGI profiling instrumentation. The PGPROF User's Guide includes a section describing how to do this in the chapter on "compiler options for profiling".

Hope this helps,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: