PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Compiling ok w/ function-level profiling but failed without

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sectionboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Compiling ok w/ function-level profiling but failed without Reply with quote

Hi,
My project ( VS10+PGI fortran+cuda) was able to compile before I turned on function-level profile option (-Mprof=func), together with some code changes. Naturally, I got bunch of compiling error. I decided to clean up the code w/o profiling first. I couldn't solve two link errors that were never seen before the change : two external symbols were requested but not found in my code -- "rouent" and "rouret". To my surprise, it was able to compiled if I turned on the function-level profile option again. I am wondering if there are some leftover configurations are not cleared when the profile option gets turned off.

Something may or may not related: If I open the .obj file, ___rouent and ___rouret are always there with or without the profiling option.

Any idea?

... part of the obj file
Code:
.pgi_trace pemp_fftw.f PGI_PROFENT1 .STATICS1 ___MAIN_END .pgi_trace ____rouent _pghpf_init

update: it compiles with line-level profile too.
mecej4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the two routines with "rou" in them are timing routines, references to which were produced when you compiled some source files with profiling turned on.

Do "clean" and "rebuild", so that all objects are built with profiling set off, and link again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: