PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Error 487
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sizheng,

Thanks for opening up this old thread since Beverley didn't respond to my post and I was never able recreate the issue.

Can you walk me through the steps you are doing to that get this error?
The only tools that use JRE are the debugger and profiler. Are you using either of these? Which compiler version are you using?
Are you using PVF or the command line Workstation?
You say that it compiles under VS2012. Do this mean you are compiling a C/C++ code?

Best Regards,
Mat
sizheng

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about this problem, here is the email i wrote to the support:

Dear Sir,

i'm encountering 2 problem when debugging as the attached picture shows.

1) pr_set_mem: failed to write 4 bytes at address 00401830 (error 487)
i don't know what's that, but it seems that the debugger will work.

2)
my program was written in VS2012 by C++, and works well. it can accept some args such as the path of an input file, which will be saved in string strFileName="";
however, if i set the file path in the GUI of the debugger, it seems that the program cann't receive it, the program will not load data from the file correctly.
the attached picture shows that case.

but if i directly set the file path in the code, such as "string strFileName="G:\\20090814-20120106筛选演化\\已编号\\20090910\\UserRelationBy_2009-09-10_directed_arcs.tmp";", the program will load the data from the file directly.
i wonder why?

mkcolg wrote:
Hi sizheng,

Thanks for opening up this old thread since Beverley didn't respond to my post and I was never able recreate the issue.

The only tools that use JRE are the debugger and profiler. Are you using either of these? Which compiler version are you using?
You say that it compiles under VS2012. Do this mean you are compiling a C/C++ code?

Best Regards,
Mat
sizheng

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a pity that i can't post the screenshot here

mkcolg wrote:
Hi sizheng,

Best Regards,
Mat
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sizheng,

I talked with our Tools Managers who said that "pr_set_mem" messages are spurious and do not effect the correct operation of the debugger.

For the file path issue, it may be a problem with the debugger where it's not handing unicode characters correctly. Does the same problem occur if the file path does not contain unicode characters?

Best Regards,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: