PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Problem installing PGI Fortran on Ubunutu 11.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidBal81101

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Problem installing PGI Fortran on Ubunutu 11.4 Reply with quote

I am having trouble installing PGI Fortran Workstation 11.5 on the latest Ubuntu 11.4 (64-bit).

The problem seems to be with makelocalrc. At first, it was looking for libc.so.6 in /lib, but it wasn't there. I made a link to it with the below statement:

ln -s /lib64/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.13.so /lib64/libc.so.6

That link seemed to solve the first problem, but I have two new ones now that I don't know how to fix. The installer gives me two errors. The first happens after the "installing software" step "ERROR: Linker : not found localrc has not changed." The second error happens on the "generate license keys" step "ERROR: Unable to locate required tool (curl)"

Any tips?
DavidBal81101

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved the problem. I didn't have the gcc 32-bit libraries installed. I accomplished that by doing the following:

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
sudo apt-get install g++-multilib

I also needed to have the link to libc.so.6 in /lib accomplished by the following link:
ln -s /lib64/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.13.so /lib64/libc.so.6

Now I have PGI Workstation Fortran 11.5 working on Ubuntu 11.4 (64-bit)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: