PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Install problem of PGI 2011 release on cluster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CFDLab

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Install problem of PGI 2011 release on cluster Reply with quote

Hi,

I've already installed PGI Fortran/C/C++ server on my cluster, and I can compile my file when I was in the master node.

However, when I used ssh to come to other slave node, I cannot compile my code there, the error message is: LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM: Failed to checkout license, how can I fix this problem and compile on every slave node?

I was using local installation when I went through the procedure, is this the reason?

BTW, is there any way to uninstall PGI?

Please help me on this, thanks.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CFDLab,

Quote:
how can I fix this problem and compile on every slave node?
This will depend upon what type of license you have. A Workstation license only allows for compilation on a single system (i.e. Node-locked). For multiple systems such as a cluster, you need a Server or Cluster Development Kit (CDK) license.

In either case, please send a note to PGI Customer Support (license@pgroup.com) since they will have access to your account. Please include your PGI PIN number. The PIN number can be found in your PGI license.dat file (typically located in the root PGI directory, i.e. /opt/pgi). Search for the 6 digit number listed after the "VENDOR_STRING=".

- Mat
CFDLab

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mat,

Thanks for your answer, now I'm going to download PGI CDK and reinstall it in my cluster, but there are some problems occurred when I try to fill the list.

For the question: How many sockets per cluster node?

My cluster now include one master node and five slave nodes, the spec. of each slave node is Intel Core i7 990X with 6 cores and 12 threads, how should I fill the list with those spec. since I don't know how to calculate the sockets per node.

In addition, currently I have PGI Server in my system, since I am going to install PGI CDK instead, how to uninstall the original one in my system, thanks.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CFDLab,

Quote:
but there are some problems occurred when I try to fill the list.
Sorry, I'm not clear what you mean here. Which list?

Quote:
How many sockets per cluster node?
A socket is where the CPU chip is placed on the motherboard. So in other words, how many Core i7 990X chips are in each node?

Quote:
In addition, currently I have PGI Server in my system, since I am going to install PGI CDK instead, how to uninstall the original one in my system, thanks.
You don't need to since the compilers are the same between the Server and CDK. The CDK just gives you more pre-built cluster libraries and unlocks additional features in the compilers. The CDK install will simply replace what's already there.

Though, if you do really want to remove everything first, "rm -rf $PGI" will do it.

- Mat
CFDLab

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mat,

Very thanks for your help, I will try to install the CDK compiler, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: