PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

How to get an mpif90 from pgf90

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saurabh ghosh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: How to get an mpif90 from pgf90 Reply with quote

Hello all,

My problem is I am not able to generate a mpif90 compiler using either lam-7.0.4 or mpich-1.2.6 with Portland Group Server package 6.0 for x86-64. Can u tell me how to make a mpif90 compiler using Portland Group compiler.

saurabh
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Saurabh,

mpif90 is a script which gets configured to use the pgf90 compiler when you build the MPI library. So long as you have properly configured, built, and installed the MPI library, mpif90 will be located in the bin directory of your MPI install. Note that you can also use pgf90 directly instead of mpif90 so long as you add the path to the mpi.h file to the compilation line ("-I/path/to/mpi/include/dir") and the path to the mpi library and mpi libraries to the link line. ("-L/path/to/mpi/lib/dir -lmpich").

To create a MPICH or LAM/MPI package, first unpack the tar package, cd into the main directory, and run configure using one of the following: (Be sure to change the install path)

LAM/MPI:
Code:
 env CFLAGS="-fast -I/usr/include" CXXFLAGS="-fast -I/usr/include" \
 FFLAGS="-fast -I/usr/include" LDFLAGS="-fast -I/usr/include" CXXLDFLAGS="-fast -I/usr/include" \
 CC="pgcc" CXX="pgCC"  FC="pgf90" ./configure --prefix=/path/to/install/dir

MPICH:
Code:
 env CFLAGS="-fast" CXXFLAGS="-fast" FFLAGS="-fast" F90FLAGS="-fast" LDFLAGS="-fast" \
 OPTFLAGS="-fast"  CC="pgcc" CXX="pgCC"  F90="pgf90"  FC="pgf77"  CPP="pgCC -E" \
 ./configure --prefix=/path/to/install/dir

The build and install the packages:
Code:
make
make install

Hope this helps,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: