PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Cannot compile sample code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sugitacool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Cannot compile sample code Reply with quote

Hi, I have been trying to compile the sample code f1.f90 but without any success. The error message that I got was

PGF90-F-0000-Internal compiler error. pgnvd job exited with non-zero status code 0 (f1.f90 : 53)

What does it mean? Please help. I am using the trial version of PGI workstation. Does this mean that the trial version cannot use gpu acceleration?

Thank you.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sugitacool,

Quote:
What does it mean?
It means the compiler failed to generate the GPU code for some reason. Can you post the full output from your compile? There should be some error messages above this one that will tell us why the failure occurred.

My best guess is that you have a installation or configuration issue such as not installing the CUDA Toolkit that accompanies the PGI installation.
Quote:

Does this mean that the trial version cannot use gpu acceleration?
No. The trial licenses enables all GPU features for the 15 day trial period.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: