PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

CUDA Fortran wrapper to standard BLAS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgoel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: CUDA Fortran wrapper to standard BLAS? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am a PGI and CUDA Fortran newbie.

I am using a third party software (so no source code, only binary is available). This software allows me to link to a BLAS library of my choice at runtime i.e. I have to supply the path to the blas library on the command line at invocation, e.g - blaspath /lib/gotoblas.so. The software will recognise any BLAS library that supports the standard Fortran BLAS interface.

I would like to have a library based on CUDA Fortran and CuBLAS so that I can supply that library to this program and run the BLAS calls on GPU. I suppose therefore that I need some *.so library that is a wrapper around CuBLAS so that the external program does not know the difference from say MKL BLAS, but the BLAS calls are actually run on the GPU.

I am wondering if this is possible and if so, how should I go about setting this up?

Thanks for any help on this,
Pranay
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pranay,

I'm wondering fo CULA would work for you?
See: http://www.pgroup.com/lit/articles/insider/v2n3a5.htm and http://www.culatools.com/

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: