PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Checking dummy/actual argument count and type in F90?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Checking dummy/actual argument count and type in F90? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a compiler option that will check the count and type of dummy/actual arguments for subroutine/function/method calls in the PGI HPF/F90 compiler products? The IBM AIX Fortran compilers had such a feature and it was most useful for debugging. As it stands now, a typo or other simple error can result in a very difficult to find bug. I have tried -Mdepchk and -Mdclchk and well as trying -Mipa - but the limited documentation for the ipa compiler option doesn't seem to match what is actually in the compiler - at least for 5.1-3/5.2-4 which is what I am using at the moment.

Cheers,

David

david@starfire.utias.utoronto.ca
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

As of yet we do not have this feature. However, we are investigating ways to improve PGI's Fortran error diagnostics using IPA. TKR (Type, Kind, Rank) matching is one area that would help a lot of us. If all goes well, we should have this available in a future release.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: