PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Need help to reset lciense for my freepvf subscription

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAEN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Need help to reset lciense for my freepvf subscription Reply with quote

I need to generate a new license.dat file for my PIN for my free PGi Visual Fortran, but it seems to say that a current license exists.

I need to know how I can reset/clear that current license so I can generate a new license.dat file for my machine.

( the original license.dat must be bogus info )

Thanks
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CAEN,

You'll need to reapply for a new license since the 2009/2010 PVF academic licenses expired at the end of August. https://www.pgroup.com/purchase/freepvf.php

Hope this helps,
Mat
CAEN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: New PVF license Reply with quote

I have renewed . Somehow I'm stuck . I can't generate a new license via WWW because it says it expired in Aug 2010. But i have a new PIN that has an expiration date of Aug 2011.

Here is the info :

PIN 522801

Order date Sep 15 12:43:08 2010
Distributor PGI
Distributor reference PVF-US-EDU Promotion Subscription expires Aug 31 23:59:59 2011 Current release 10.9 Licenses purchased 1 Licenses used 1 Product ordered PVF64S-W1-A (PGI Visual Fortran Workstation for Windows, 1-pack, Academic License)

Thank you,

Laura Gibons
PGI Sales

Can someone , anyone get this resolved?

Last edited by CAEN on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
CAEN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: More info Reply with quote

Please take a look at this URL, to see what I get when i try to "view" my license.dat file via the PGI WWW site :

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~amadi/pgi/pgipvf.png

Thanks
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amadi,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but will investigate.

Note that this is a public forum so you may want to remove your personal information above.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: