PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

copyout Memcpy FAILED:4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: copyout Memcpy Reply with quote

I confirm that there is something wrong with PGI 10.5 and 10.6. My code compile and run properly on PGI 10.3 but have the error

0: copyout Memcpy (host=0x1e50780, dev=0x20108e400, size=160000) FAILED: 4(unspecified launch failure)

on PGI 10.5 and 10.6. I use cuda3.2 in all cases.

I have the code but it links to different library (HDF5, VISIT, SZIP, SILO), so I'm not sure if it can be any of help to you guys by sending the code itself.

Thanks,
Tuan
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tuan,

Unfortunately, this is a generic error so there isn't a way to tell what's wrong without the code.

10.6 is over a year old now so there is a possibility that the problem you are encountering has already been fixed. Please try the latest compiler and see if this solves the problem. If not, then please do send me the code. I have HDF5 but if you can send me pointers to the others, I would appreciate it.

- Mat
Tuan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkcolg wrote:
Hi Tuan,

Unfortunately, this is a generic error so there isn't a way to tell what's wrong without the code.

10.6 is over a year old now so there is a possibility that the problem you are encountering has already been fixed. Please try the latest compiler and see if this solves the problem. If not, then please do send me the code. I have HDF5 but if you can send me pointers to the others, I would appreciate it.

- Mat

Oh, I'm sorry. I means 11.5 and 11.6. It's working fine for me with 11.3

Tuan
alfvenwave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Did you guys solve this one?

I still have an outstanding issue (reported in a separate thread) which looks very similar:

0: copyout Memcpy (host=0x2cd32290, dev=0x202320000, size=131072) FAILED: 4(unspecified launch failure)

I get this on the GTX480 and GTX580 but not on the C1060.

It doesn't appear to be related to the memory available on the card though, as I've reduced all my grids right down. Interestingly, I only get the error if I compile with the -fast option - have you guys got optimization enabled?

I get the error with PGI11.6 and 11.7, but not with earlier versions of the compiler.

Rob.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Not yet. We just got the code last week and I've been on vacation for a few days. I'll start looking at it today and let you know. Though, this is a generic error that may or may not be the same as what you are encountering.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: